Fast Dash Apps for Production Environments
An expert seminar with the Co-Founder of Plotly & Creator of Dash
Recorded on August 23, 2022
Whether you're automating an excel worksheet or overhauling your BI platform, deploying into production can present some unique challenges. In production, we scale to massive datasets and hundreds of concurrent users, our users expect live data but fast loading times, and network delays can arise seemingly out of nowhere.
Dash 2.6 introduces the next generation of background job queues, a powerful architecture to scale data apps to hundreds or thousands of concurrent users. This is one technique among many that can be used to improve the performance and scale of your Dash apps as you transition into production environments.
Join Plotly’s Co-Founder and the Creator of Dash for an on-demand technical tutorial on how to architect your Dash app for performance and scale from the get-go. You’ll learn about:
- Diagnostic tools to pinpoint performance issues across the stack
- Differences between development and production environments
- Background callbacks and job queues
- Dash's stateless architecture
- Serverside vs clientside visualization and pagination
- Data pipeline architectures to present live data without slowing down the app's performance
- Choosing between Pandas, Vaex, and SQL